In this issue
- Individual/Family Health Insurance Open Enrollment Continues
- How Insurance is Like Investing
- Happy Thanksgiving
Individual/Family Health Insurance Open Enrollment Continues
- Our office has been very busy getting our customers signed up during the open enrollment period for individual and family health insurance. If you are currently without health insurance or would like some assistance navigating through all of your options, please get in touch with our office.
- The open enrollment period runs from November 1st – December 15th in order to get coverage in place starting January 1st, 2022. This time frame is the only time that you can get “Major Medical” coverage in place for 2022, unless you meet certain criteria throughout the year. Open enrollment also allows you to change from the plan that you had in place for 2021.
- During this open enrollment period we have had several of our customers qualify for premiums starting as low as $0 a month and out-of-pocket amounts as low as $300. So if you are currently paying a monthly premium for your individual or family health coverage we would love to offer our assistance.
How Insurance is Like Investing
Most people think about their insurance policy like they think about a security system. It’s something you pay for in case something bad happens.
And that’s kind of right. But really, insurance is more like investing.
Like investments, insurance is best handled by a portfolio of policies to maximize value and minimize risk. The better your portfolio, the more covered you are from a loss.
Here is an excellent standard portfolio for widespread coverage to keep risk far away:
- Home Coverage – Whether that’s renters or homeowners, you need coverage for where you live. Making sure your possessions are safe is the foundation.
- Auto Coverage – Traveling can be a large risk, but protecting your vehicle and those inside are key to keeping risk at bay.
- Umbrella Coverage – In a significant loss, many basic auto or home policies aren’t enough. Umbrella coverage covers the rest of the costs to keep you from paying out of pocket.
- Health & Life Coverage – The only guarantees are taxes and that “other thing.” this coverage helps protect you from risks to your health and protect your loved ones after
When looked at together, it’s easy to see that insurance is designed to protect your entire life. Doing so makes you safer and able to weather whatever risk comes your way.
We would like to wish all of our customers a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Insurance of the Heartland has many things to be thankful for this year. Thanks to our incredible customers and friends our agency continues to grow, giving us more ways to serve you and your family’s insurance needs.
Thanksgiving this year falls on November 25th. Our office will be closed on both November 25th and 26th in order for our employees to enjoy some time with their friends and family. If you are to have an emergency during this time, please call our office number 308-935-1537 and wait for the emergency prompt. Leave a message and one of our agents will be back in touch as soon as possible.