2021 Custer County Fair
The 2021 Custer County Fair took place from July 30th to August 5th in Broken Bow. Our office has been a proud sponsor of the fair for many years, and we are always amazed at such a great event that the fair board puts on each year. We want to thank them for their work throughout the year to bring such a great fair to our area.
For those of you have attended the Custer County Fair cattle show the last 15 plus years, you have probably noticed Sharon rounding up the kids to get their cattle in the ring. All of us in the office know that it is one of her favorite weeks of the year. She always loves to volunteer at the fair to see all the hard work that the kids have put in on their projects. All the agents at Insurance of the Heartland were 4-Hers and we know the sacrifice that it takes. With that being said we also want to give a huge congratulations to all the 4-H and FFA participants for bringing their entries to the fair.
Spotting Electrical Problems
Power is one of those things you don't think about until you have to go without it. But a flickering light may be more than a brownout, whether you own or rent.
If your uncle is an electrician and you've never had to change your own lightbulb, disregard this email. If not, let's talk about how to spot problems before they get out of hand.
Luckily, it isn't that difficult. Check out these easy steps to keep your home safe from electrical problems:
- Flickering Lights – If your overhead lights seem to think they belong in a club, something may be wrong. It could just be the wrong kind of bulb, but even that can be a danger.
- Off and On – If you have appliances that cut off and on while still plugged in, this could be an issue. Get an electrician to check soon.
- Circuit Broken – If you have a circuit breaker that trips regularly, this could be a sign of something more serious.
- Exposed Wiring – Most commonly, this is a circuit breaker or box that is uncovered. But if you see exposed wiring, have someone fix it immediately.
Get out ahead of electrical issues and avoid the big risks they could pose to your home and your family. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
When You Need an Umbrella
When do you need an umbrella? When it rains? Yep. When it's sunny? Sure, if you need some shade.
What about after a huge accident that uses all of your liability coverage on your policy?
An Umbrella policy offers extra liability protection that sits on your auto and home policy in the event of a catastrophe.
But how often do you actually need it? What situations would lead to you using this policy? Look at these possibilities:
- Auto injury – If you hurt someone in an auto accident, you could be responsible for their medical bills. Severe injuries are costly and can easily use more than your auto liability.
- Home injury – If a guest has an accident at your home, you might have to pay their medical costs. A serious injury like a child falling from a treehouse could cost you a small fortune.
- Lawsuit On Top of Injury – If an injured party thinks you were negligent, they may be able to sue you for the cost of their medical care.
- General Legal Costs – If someone sues you due to a covered loss (like a car wreck), you can be exposed if costs go beyond your regular liability.
These are just a few examples of how an umbrella can help. While it isn't for everyone, an umbrella policy is a great way to cover your net worth from risk.